The aim is to give scholarship recipients a comprehensive inside view of the work at a company in the field of specialty chemicals.
Financial Assistance Programs
Our financial assistance takes the following forms:
- Diploma or master’s thesis: € 250 to € 600 per month for six months.
- PhD thesis: € 1,400 per month for two years (with the option to extend for an additional year, subject to approval by Evonik Stiftung).
- For both of the above, recipients can also apply for reimbursement to cover the purchase costs of academic literature as well as costs associated with attending academic conferences.
The Application Process
Every year scholarships are awarded in a different field of chemical research.
The focus of each year’s scholarship is announced in January of that year on this website.
There are three phases of the application process, which are described in detail in the PDF document linked below.
Please ensure that we receive the summary of your chosen topic by February 15th, 2022.
The submission deadline for the complete application package is February 28th, 2022.
No application that is incomplete or received after the submission deadline of February 28th, 2022 will be considered. So please make sure to submit all the required documents for your application package in time for them to reach us by the deadline.
Scholarship Focus 2022
- The focus of the Evonik Stiftung Scholarship: „Sustainability by Chemistry: Endure, Renew, Redesign, Repair, Recycle“
- Additionally, students in the field of amino acid research are welcome to apply for the annual Werner Schwarze Scholarship.
Scholarship Award Guidelines
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Your proposed research topic is in line with the annual focus of the scholarship in question.
- Your research will be conducted at a German university or research institute under a faculty member recognized in the field of chemical research.
- You have an excellent academic record.
- You have volunteered in community service projects.
- You would not be able to pursue the academic qualifications in which you are interested without financial support.
You will find further details on the application process in the following (PDF) file: Stipendium der Evonik Stiftung 2022