The Evonik Foundation can look back on a long history. In 2009, it emerged from the former Degussa Foundation, which was merged in 2003 with the Hermann-Schlosser Foundation (established in 1954) and the Konrad-Henkel Foundation (established in 1991).
In September 2015, the Board of the Evonik Foundation decided to extend the purposes of the foundation. Accordingly, the statutes were changed and approved by the Düsseldorf district government on September 14, 2015. Since then the social involvement of Evonik Industries AG has been bundled under the umbrella of the Evonik Foundation.
The Evonik Foundation has around €9 million in resources. Every year Evonik Industries AG contributes towards this.